It was a long day today. This is the first chance I've had to sit and think for a minute!
First of all, let me say the picture day dress was a success. It did not fall apart and she wore it until she went to bed. Thank goodness!
For the next Halloween decoration, I did a "rag" wreath. It's an idea I found on the most awesome blog "Tater Tots and Jello" (stop by and visit).
It's a very simple idea that involves some cloth strips and a coat hanger. First, let me tell you what I did and then I will tell you what I would have changed.
(I also wish I had taken pictures of each step - I will strive to do better next time)
1. Take a wire coat hanger and fashion it into a circle.
2. Tear (or cut with pinking shears) strips of fabric into 1 inch strips. I used about 20 inches of 3 different types of materials and then cut my strips in half. Use what you want for the desired fullness.
3. Tie the strips around the wire. Make sure to bunch it up as you go so that it's really full.
4. Add an optional ribbon for an added flair.
Things I would have changed:
1. I would have used either a small wreath form or a thicker wire. I think the coat hanger was too flimsy and not thick enough.
2. I would have made my ribbon more of a contrast and needed to use wire ribbon. I used what I had, but I think the wire ribbon would have manipulated more easily.
3. I would have fluffed up the top a little more. It looks a little droopy.
Overall, this was a very fun, quick project. I did it while I was watching the Homecoming game on TV this past weekend. I may do more for other holidays.....who knows?